Commercial Truck Equipment Co., Canada’s largest supplier of truck equipment, is looking for a reliable, self-motivated individual with a professional attitude to fill a full time position in the warehouse of our Surrey branch.
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of employment, ideally in a similar environment, a valid driver’s license, , a desire to work to a high standard with an understanding of customer service and satisfaction, and be self-motivated. The
Training and product familiarization will be provided to the successful candidate.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain an organized yard and warehouse using the forklift
- Local driving to shuttle parts and supplies; vehicle provided
- Loading and unloading trucks/trailers with a forklift
- Counting of off-site Vendor Managed Inventory at our customers facilities
- Ensure accurate receipts of incoming purchase order goods within company set lead times and communicating any discrepancies to the Parts Manager
- Label, put away and bin locate incoming inventory and supplies.
- Administer quality control inspections on incoming purchase order receipts and communicating any quality issues to the Parts Manager
- Receive and process customer return orders
- Provide support to the Warehouse Manager when demand requires
- General labour duties such as housekeeping and general yard maintenance
- Working outdoors in all elements
- Work in accordance with all health and safety requirements
- Washing large commercial vehicles upon completion of service repairs or production
- NO SHIFT WORK. This is a full time position with possible advancement in all departments.
- Valid BC driver’s license (driver’s abstract must be provided)
- 2 years’ experience as a warehouse receiver, shipper or inventory clerk
- Forklift operator certificate is considered an asset, not a requirement
- Experience in customer service is considered a major asset
- Post secondary education in logistics, warehouse, or transportation is an asset
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to work both independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong commitment to safety
- Solid work ethic backed by references
- Commitment to providing outstanding internal/external customer service
- Strong and active; able to lift 50-70 pounds unassisted
- Strong problem solving skills
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit package including health and dental coverage, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please feel free to contact Gregg Baizley Parts Manager should you wish to discuss the vacancy, in confidence, prior to making an application.
We thank all who apply; however, only those who are qualified for the position will be contacted.