Commercial Truck Equipment Co., Canada’s largest supplier of truck equipment, is looking for a reliable, self-motivated individual with a professional attitude to fill a full-time position in the warehouse of our Surrey branch.
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of employment, ideally in a similar environment, a valid driver’s license, a desire to work to a high standard with an understanding of customer service and satisfaction, and be self-motivated.
Training and product familiarization will be provided to the successful candidate.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain an organized yard and warehouse using the forklift
- Local driving to shuttle parts and supplies; vehicle provided
- Loading and unloading trucks/trailers with a forklift
- Counting of off-site Vendor Managed Inventory at our customers’ facilities
- Ensure accurate receipts of incoming purchase order goods within company set lead times and communicating any discrepancies to the Parts Manager
- Label, put away, and bin locate incoming inventory and supplies.
- Administer quality control inspections on incoming purchase order receipts and communicating any quality issues to the Parts Manager
- Receive and process customer return orders
- Provide support to the Warehouse Manager when demand requires
- General labour duties such as housekeeping and general yard maintenance
- Working outdoors in all elements
- Work in accordance with all health and safety requirements
- Washing large commercial vehicles upon completion of service repairs or production
- NO SHIFT WORK. This is a full-time position with possible advancement in all departments.
- Valid BC driver’s license (driver’s abstract must be provided)
- 2 years’ experience as a warehouse receiver, shipper or inventory clerk
- Forklift operator certificate is considered an asset, not a requirement
- Experience in customer service is considered a major asset
- Post secondary education in logistics, warehouse, or transportation is an asset
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to work both independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong commitment to safety
- Solid work ethic backed by references
- Commitment to providing outstanding internal/external customer service
- Strong and active; able to lift 50-70 pounds unassisted
- Strong problem solving skills
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental coverage, as well as exceptional career growth potential.
We thank all who apply; however, only those who are qualified for the position will be contacted.