Commercial Truck Equipment Co., Canada’s largest supplier of truck equipment, is looking for a reliable, self-motivated individual with a professional attitude to fill a full-time position at the engineering department of our Delta, BC branch.
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of employment with a desire to work to a high standard, be self-motivated, be a team player and be willing to find information when required. Training and product familiarization will be provided to the successful candidate.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare detailed fabrication and assembly drawings of truck equipment installs
- Assemble complete build packages for in-house production team
- Use available resources to find solutions to design problems
- Ensure design complies with all relevant regulations
- Track and update drawing revisions
- Prepare detailed bill of materials
- Provide technical support for shop personnel
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in equipment design and layout
- Experience in designing and manufacturing heavy equipment
- Proficiency with AutoCAD 2D is mandatory
- Ability to interpret customers’ specifications
- Understanding of sheet metal forming and assembly
- Understanding of structural steel assembly
- Understanding of welding
- Understanding of material properties of steel and aluminum
- Ability to follow in-house design standards
- Ability to follow and apply industry standards and regulations
- Experience in design for manufacturing is considered an asset
- Experience in hydraulics is considered an asset
- Experience with any of the following equipment is considered an asset: cranes, utility equipment, snow plows, tow trucks, dump trucks, flat decks, high rail equipment.
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English
- Must be able to work with imperial measurements (inches and pounds)
- Punctual and dependable
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Able to work effectively with other team members
- Independent; ability to work under minimal supervision
- Able to work on multiple projects at once in a fast paced environment
- Capable of prioritizing multiple tasks on a daily basis
- Strong time management skills
- Comfortable interacting on a shop floor environment
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit package including health and dental coverage, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please feel free to contact Darragh Geoghegan, Engineering Manager, should you wish to discuss the vacancy, in confidence, prior to making an application.
We thank all who apply; however, only those who are qualified for the position will be contacted.