Commercial Truck Equipment Co. ,Canada’s largest supplier of commercial truck equipment, is looking for an enthusiastic individual with a professional attitude to join our growing team within our branch at Delta, BC.
The ideal candidate for this full-time position should have a proven track record of employment, ideally in a similar industry. This individual needs to be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision and excel in a team environment.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, this position’s primary responsibility is to support the project management group in the production of custom truck installs. The candidate will work towards continuous improvement and increasing profitability throughout the build process, while interacting with both internal and external stakeholders.
This position will also assist the inside sales department with the quotation and tendering process. Working with the outside sales group, engineering group, suppliers and manufacturers, the candidate will assist in developing detailed costing work-ups and bid packages.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Determine proposal and inquiry content by identifying and clarifying requests
- Develop proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives and deliverables
- Gather accurate and complete information from all bid stakeholders (inside and outside the company) in order to produce detailed bid packages and quotes
- Liaise with project stakeholders within the company including Sales, Engineering and Production teams
- Follow projects from contract award, to production, to final completion
- Track, follow up and expedite delivery of critical components to ensure production flow
- Identify and resolve conflicts and issues within projects
- Coordinate with outside vendors, to ensure outsourcing details and requirements are met
- Assist in project cost control, such as tracking internal/external project and department costs, change orders and invoices
- Maintain project files and keep documents up to date
- May include direct communication with customers, such as providing progress updates, approving change orders and communicating solutions to inquiries
- Ensure project specifications and customer requirements are met at time of delivery
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent communication (both oral and written English) and interpersonal skills to work with internal and external clients
- Strong technical documentation skills, with solid grasp of spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Independence; ability to work under minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of MS Office package with an emphasis in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Previous work experience as Project Coordinator, Customer Service Rep, or Inside Sales will be an asset
- Knowledge of the truck equipment industry or mechanical aptitude will be an asset
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and engineered drawings will be an asset
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit package including health and dental coverage, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please feel free to contact Anmy Ho, Senior Project Manager should you wish to discuss the vacancy, in confidence, prior to making an application.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those who are qualified for the position will be contacted.