Commercial Truck Equipment Co., Canada’s largest supplier of truck equipment, is looking for a reliable, self-motivated individual with a professional attitude to fill the Parts Manager position in our Edmonton, AB branch.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of employment, ideally in a similar industry, a desire to work to a high standard with an understanding of customer service and satisfaction, and be self-motivated. Training and product familiarization will be provided to the successful candidate.
The Parts Manager is responsible for all aspects of the branch’s parts business and will report directly to the Branch Manager. The Parts Manager is responsible for ensuring branch operational requirements are met by supervising, coordinating, and scheduling the activities of the branch’s parts sales, inventory, and warehouse functions. He/she will also take an active role with our customers and our vendors to ensure that we are providing exceptional customer service while maximizing the parts department profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Lead, supervise and train parts sales and warehouse personnel
- Organize, prioritize, schedule work assignments for Parts team
- Maintain housekeeping discipline and ensure compliance with established policies, procedures, safety, and quality control standards.
- Oversee branch inventory control.
- Maintain and monitor inventory levels and freight costs.
- Responsible for cycle counts, annual inventory count, and reconciliation.
- Develop and maintain effective communications and relationships with customers (internal & external) and manufacturers.
- Ensure parts and inventory function is delivering the quality level of customer service required to meet customer demands
- Ensure all department activities are conducted in full compliance with safety, health, and environmental standards, company policies, processes, and applicable legislation.
- Maintain the quality of data in the company business system for completeness and accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Trade certification in Parts and/or Materials Handling an asset
- Minimum 5 years’ of related parts experience, with at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of truck equipment parts and products an asset.
- Previous inventory management experience required
- Financial reporting knowledge an asset
Skills and Attributes:
- Very well organized with strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to improve processes and procedures
- Proven ability to provide excellent oral and written communication.
- Able to deal effectively with various customers and clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Independent; ability to work under minimal supervision
- Time management
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team player
- Working knowledge of the MS Office package with an emphasis in Excel and Word
- Thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- ability to attract, develop and manage a talented team
- Willing and able to work outside normal business hours as required to meet customer schedules including on-call availability
- Knowledge of all types of governmental rules and regulations – including OHS and Hazardous Materials
- Commitment to safety and superior customer service
- Capable of managing multiple and challenging priorities on a daily basis
We offer a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental coverage, as well as exceptional career growth potential.