Commercial Truck Equipment Co., Canada’s largest supplier of truck equipment, is looking for a reliable, self-motivated individual with a professional attitude to fill the Parts Manager position in our Woodstock, Ontario branch.
The Woodstock Parts Manager is responsible for all aspects of the branches parts business and will report directly to the Woodstock Branch Manager. The Parts Manager will be responsible for the day to day management of the Woodstock parts team. They will also take an active role with our customers and our vendors to ensure that we are providing exceptional customer service while maximizing the parts department profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Manage branch parts sales and parts department profits
- Manage branch parts team on a daily basis
- Review and track product sales and margins to determine areas where we can grow
- Design and implement parts marketing programs, brochures or parts kits
- Work with customer accounts to discuss our breath of parts available and areas of need
- Work with our parts suppliers to improve our parts pricing
- Negotiate with freight companies to improve the branch shipping costs for packages sent by air, ground, expedite, small package, etc.
- Work with the branch parts team to determine appropriate parts stocking levels. Review and identify where min/max parts reordering levels are not set appropriately by reviewing reports on back ordered items, lost parts sales, overstocked items, etc
- Work with the service and production teams to ensure timely availability of parts needed for internal jobs
- Ensure superior internal and external customer service related to parts’ requirements
- Work with the corporate parts team to grow branch parts sales by identifying and adding complementary parts offerings or product lines
- Maintain a lost parts sales tracking sheet and adjust parts’ operations to correct any issues identified
- Review the branches inventory and identify slow moving, aged or overstocked items. Work with the parts team to design and implement marketing programs to dispose of such items
- Monitor all branch inventory. Perform monthly inventory cycle counts.
- Work with parts team to ensure appropriate parts procedures are in place including bin locations, receiving procedures, parts identification procedures, parts purchase order procedures, back order procedures, invoice processing procedures, etc
- The ideal candidate will have over 5 years of parts sales and management experience, preferably in the truck, heavy equipment or mobile hydraulics
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent knowledge of how to run a branch parts business
- Strong leadership ability
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Professional customer service skills and professional phone demeanor
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented and able to meet deadlines
- Self-directed with the ability to determine task priority and necessity
- Reliable and punctual with a strong work ethic
- Strong team player with a positive attitude and passion for excellence
- Strong computer skills
We offer a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefit package including health and dental coverage, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please feel free to contact Chris Rayner, Branch Manager, should you wish to discuss the vacancy, in confidence, prior to making an application.