Commercial Truck Equipment Co. , Canada’s largest supplier of commercial truck equipment, is looking for a reliable, self-motivated individual with a professional attitude to fill a full-time position with our in our Surrey, BC branch.
The ideal candidate will have experience with inventory management and the parts distribution industry, as well as the following equipment and products we promote: snow and ice products associated with plows and sanders; utility equipment such as digger derricks, cranes, and bucket trucks; towing and recovery equipment; dump trucks, trailers & pups; emergency vehicles such as fire trucks; PTO (power take-off); hydraulic experience.
This position is fast paced and detail oriented, requiring superior multi-tasking skills. The successful candidate must be able to communicate professionally and efficiently with customers and team members.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist Parts & Warehouse managers with inventory management duties
- Source parts through vendor sites and local suppliers for the Service Department
- Ensure purchase orders are completed correctly and parts are properly allocated and/or bin located
- Routinely interact with Team members to obtain & fulfill order correctly and provide order status updates
- Provide professional, courteous customer service
- Minimum two years’ inside parts procurement experience
- Minimum two years in an inventory management role
- Previous experience in the truck or heavy equipment industry
- Proficient in Excel
Skills and Attributes:
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Professional customer service skills and professional phone demeanor
- Detail oriented and able to meet demanding deadlines in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Self-directed with the ability to determine task priority
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Reliable and punctual with a strong work ethic
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit package including health and dental coverage, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please feel free to contact Gregg Baizley, Parts Manager should you wish to discuss the vacancy, in confidence, prior to making an application.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those who are qualified for the position will be contacted.