Emergency Vehicle Service Technician (EVT)
Commercial Truck Equipment Co., a leader in the truck equipment industry, is looking for an eager, enthusiastic individual with a professional attitude to fill a full time position in our Surrey, BC branch.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 5 years experience working on emergency vehicles, specifically fire apparatus, holds a current EVT certification, and has experience working in a high paced environment.
Training for specific product familiarization will be provided to the successful candidate.
- Ability to work both independently, as well as in a team environment
- Minimum 5 years expeirence working on emergency vehicles
- Current EVT certification is a MUST
- Previous experience diagnosing, testing, servicing and/or installing fire apparatus equipment such as Pierce, TFT Monitors, Akron Valves, Hurcules CAFS Systems, Husky Foam Systems, Federal Signal, and ECT
- An ability to demonstrate a qualified understanding of hydraulic systems and ability to read hydraulic shematics is required
- A strong understanding of electrical systems, as well as an understanding of electrical troubleshooting as it relates to truck equipment is considered an asset
- An understanding of MFPA/EVT standards an asset
- Minimum BC Class 5 driver’s license with air brake endorsement or equivalent
- Interprovincial Red Seal considered an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commitment to safety
- Detail oriented, dependable, and punctual
- Commitment to providing outstanding internal/external customer service
- Ideally be computer literate
Typical duties include but not limited to:
- EVT equipment installation, repair, and servicing
- Ensure adherence to pre-established standards of performance
- Operate workshop lifting devices
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit package, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please feel free to contact Jeff Price, Service Manager, should you wish to discuss the vacancy, in confidence, prior to making an application.
We thank all who apply, however, only those who are qualified for the position will be contacted.